Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: My Day With The Google Goats  (Read 790 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
My Day With The Google Goats
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:51 »
As promised, I went to go visit the Google goats today — you know, the goats that were brought in to replace lawnmowers in Google’s ever-expanding quest to go more green. I was told the goats would be in the big field at the corner Rengstorff & Amphitheater (on Google’s campus in Mountain View), and sure enough, I found a few hundred of them there. Apparently, the area was previously covered in 4-foot tall brush, but within a few days, the goats had eaten it down to basically nothing (as you can see in the videos and images below).

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/03/my-day-with-the-google-goats/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: My Day With The Google Goats
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:13 »
Great story!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:03 »
I've always wanted a pet nanny goat.  My hubby won't let me have one  :bawl: .

But I've got a couple of lovely chihuahuas  :thumbs: , and when my hubby mows the lawn we get lots of grass clippings which make great mulch for the vegetable patch.  I think it would be more environmentally friendly if Google employed a gardener with a scythe to run a veggie plot.  After all, it takes seven times as much land to produce the protein a kilo of meat provides compared to a kilo of vegetables.

The top and and bottom of it, though, is goats are better models for PR photographs than lentils.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:01 »
I would rather stand in the long grass than goat Sh|t  :laugh:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum