Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mobile broadband myths debunked  (Read 509 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Mobile broadband myths debunked
« on: May 22, 2009, 18:03 »
The perception that mobile broadband is much slower than fixed-line and offers stingy download limits is untrue, according to research.

According to broadband-comparison website Top 10 Broadband these are just two of the myths that surround mobile broadband.

Jessica McArdle, marketing manager of Top 10 Broadband, said that mobile broadband costs are down to an all-time low.

"We wanted to put myths surrounding excessive costs and slow speeds to bed," McArdle added.

Tackling the issue of insufficient download limits, Top 10 Broadband found that while 1GB deals are limiting, there are other options.

Internet service provider (ISP) 3 offers a 15GB package for £15 a month; this is enough for 5,000 emails, 150 hours of web surfing, 10 half-hour video downloads or 480 four-minute music tracks.

On the issue of speed, Top 10 Broadband found that the average connection speed for a Vodafone customer is 2.62Mbps.

This compares well with the current average fixed-line connection speed of 3.5Mbps.

Research released in April by another broadband-comparison website, Broadband Expert, found that the average speed for all mobile broadband connections was 1.46Mbps.

For the full list of mobile broadband myths visit Top 10 Broadband

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Mobile broadband myths debunked
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 18:17 »
I pay £20 per month with O2, for more minutes and texts than I could ever use, and unlimited data with the BlackBerry bolt on, on a 1 month contract.  I firmly believe that O2 offer the best deals all round, and customer service is excellent too.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum