Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Eating Meat Is Not Natural.  (Read 1751 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Eating Meat Is Not Natural.
« on: June 20, 2009, 14:29 »
                                                                      Eating Meat Is Not Natural.

LINK
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Eating Meat Is Not Natural.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 14:45 »
What rubbish!   ;)

We don’t have sharp claws to seize and hold down prey.

No, but we have steak knives.   :devil:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 19:09 »
Quote:There is no more authoritative source on anthropological issues than paleontologist Dr. Richard Leakey, who explains what anyone who has taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively -- that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that “[y]ou can’t tear flesh by hand, you can’t tear hide by hand ... We wouldn’t have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines” (although we have teeth that are called “canines,” they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores). 

Let your nails grow and they become claws and we do have canines that have grown shorter from lack of use

Let them watch me tear into a steak and they will realize man is a meat eater  :laugh:
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 19:21 »
There's nothing like a peer-reviewed scientific paper by a renowned authority in an independent publication.

And that was nothing like a peer-reviewed scientific paper by a renowned authority in an independent publication.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 21:14 »
I'm sure Sam will help rescue a fair maiden in distress MB.   :laugh:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 00:35 »
It must be natural, otherwise there wouldnt be any animals. What are they there for if not to eat.
If we werent supposed to eat them then they wouldnt have been made of food  ;D

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 01:18 »
 :o

We're supposed to eat them?!

Sandra, that's the sort of comment I'd expect to hear from a Cr**t**n*st.  Go away and eat a salad to prove you're still with the rest of us heathens  :devil:  :)x  ;D.

(Sorry, but I was so shocked I couldn't bring myself to write the word Creationist without a bit of drama ;) )
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 02:56 »
I cant eat salad type stuff Gill, I think it would poison me  :o

I need meat and dairty produce in abundance to survive  :)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55 »
I suspect you're right, Sandra.  After all, you've done without them for so long now that the shock of introducing them into your diet might be more than your body cold cope with.  A bit like me and fresh fruit, I suppose.

Perhaps there's a little bit of Gollum in all of us :) .

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 11:54 »
I dont eat meat anymore......I must admit it is only through preference just not keen on the stuff anymore....not a Veggie though  ::)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 15:11 »
You're obviously not using the right butcher, David.

www.donaldrussell.com;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 22:15 »
According to the Encyclopedia britannica the first use of fire was about 500,000 years ago. At that point all you have to do is kill something and toss it in the fire to cook it. Sure you can rip it apart with sharp rocks, but a small cat or dog sized creature can be cooked simply by just tossing it in. No claws or sharp teeth required.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 22:24 by Reno »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 23:33 »
Yeah, the claws and sharp teeth are probably best removed before eating.  ;D

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 09:14 »
I wonder if we did start eating meat by eating other creatures?  In many primitive cultures, it is believed that consuming the flesh of your enemies imbues you with their strengths (although if they were that strong, they would be eating you  ;D ) so perhaps we began as cannibals, then moved on to other creatures.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum