Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: What ChromeOS is (NOT)  (Read 897 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: What ChromeOS is (NOT)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:25 »
What an excellent and informative article!  Thanks for dispelling the myths Sam.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:02 »
Doesn't look like M$ have anything much to worry about.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:25 »
Very interesting :) .
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 13:26 »
These little netbooks are cheap and popular. I don't think people know what the trade-off is when they buy one. I guess I'm paranoid with my information. I like to keep it locally rather than on some google server somewhere. After watching how google bends over for china the idea of using any company to host personal data scares the s**t out of me.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 23:32 »
You can get some decent netbooks my better half loves hers and it is appropriate computing for her needs, no need to have some quad core piece of s**te for simple webbrowsing, basic coding and latex document writing (easy peasy ubuntu is the way to go - Si, if you still have your eeepc install this -http://www.geteasypeasy.com/  - much better than the default one, you might even like it!)

I think M$ have more to lose if Windows 7 bombs like vista more than they have to worry about Google or linux - though its probably different in the corporate world than the home... if more corporate clients move to linux desktops then they would be more worried (and not just servers). Personally I'm a linux-head but you know what I don't mind if people don't see the light... means I'm more secure.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum