Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Dog fight!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Dog fight!
« on: July 30, 2009, 22:58 »
Murphy is stood outside his house when he spots Paddy walking down the street with a strange animal by his side.

"What's that weird looking creature you have there?" he asks.

"Oooohhh," replies Paddy, "this is the fiercest dog in Ireland - it's called a long-nosed, short-legged, long-tailed Irish attack dog."

"We'll see about that! I have a Rottweiler, a Doberman and a Pit Bull Terrier in the back yard - let's put this long-nosed, short-legged, long-tailed Irish attack dog of yours to the test," Murphy laughs.

"I'll bet you £100 that my dog can beat all three of them at the same time," says Paddy proudly.

So they shake on the bet and go to the back yard where the Rottweiller, Doberman and Pit Bull are growling and barking.

Murphy opens the gate and the long-nosed, short-legged, long-tailed Irish attack dog walks in.
After a few seconds, fur is flying and the dogs are screaming, then silence......

They look into the yard to see the long-nosed, short-legged, long-tailed Irish attack dog stood alone with no trace of the other three dogs apart from some blood and fur around its mouth.

"Well, you were right, Paddy," says Murphy as he's handing over the £100. "What did you say it was called again? A long-nosed, short-legged, long-tailed Irish attack dog?"

"Yup," replies Paddy, "but in other parts of the world they call it a crocodile!"
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Dog fight!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:10 »
:) :) :)

I've never seen chihuahua spelled "c-r-o-c-o-d-i-l-e" before.

Tonight I took little Remus to his classes.  The dog trainer won't let the other puppies anywhere near him.  But today saw progress - Remus did at least obey my order to 'sit' before launching himself at a lurcher which had inadvertently strayed into his personal space.  Unfortunately, Remus seems to regard his personal space as being the whole West Midlands and a sizeable chunk of the Welsh Borders as far as other dogs are concerned.

::)
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45 »
That Napoleon complex is a terrible affliction. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 13:34 »
:) :) :)

I've never seen chihuahua spelled "c-r-o-c-o-d-i-l-e" before.

Tonight I took little Remus to his classes.  The dog trainer won't let the other puppies anywhere near him.  But today saw progress - Remus did at least obey my order to 'sit' before launching himself at a lurcher which had inadvertently strayed into his personal space.  Unfortunately, Remus seems to regard his personal space as being the whole West Midlands and a sizeable chunk of the Welsh Borders as far as other dogs are concerned.

::)

:pmsl:  I understand Corgis are nearly as bad.   ;D

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 15:49 »
 :lol2:   Ever watch the dog whisperer, it's an American show with Cesar Millan. It's really quite interesting.

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 16:48 »
Yes, and it is!  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 19:16 »
Yes, I've seen it a couple of times.  He certainly shows the dog who is in charge! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 21:10 »
I like it when he gets the fiercest pitt bull like thing imaginable, that wants to chew your face off, and pins it down on the floor with his finger in it's neck.  Good one to try on the kids!   :devil:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 22:50 »
 :pmsl:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 23:46 »
It doesn't work with chihuahuas.  They just lie doggo (sic), then turn into whirling dervishes as soon as they're released.

How I miss my Alsation!  She had such a sweet temperament and was so easy to train.  Chihuahuas are fantastic if they're your dogs, but if they're not...

:devil:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 04:13 »
Funny thing is Gill, he has had a lot of chihuahuas. Mainly due to women treating them like babies and when someone tries to get close to the owner, with the dog on her lap, the little bugger turns feral.
I had a friend that had one, and it was exactly the same. Try to approach her with that damn satins hound on her lap, and it would go ballistic.

I like it when he gets the fiercest pitt bull like thing imaginable, that wants to chew your face off, and pins it down on the floor with his finger in it's neck.  Good one to try on the kids!   :devil:

It doesn't work with cats, I've tried it with Nemo.  :bawl:

His majesty in his bed.....

Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10 »
That look means "Don't mess with me!"   ;D 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 12:12 »
I think he was thinking about that cricketer - Flint off!   :devil:

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 18:55 »
 :clapping: :crylaughing:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum