Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: India Ditches UN Climate Change Group  (Read 781 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
India Ditches UN Climate Change Group
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:00 »
http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/02/05/2044229/India-Ditches-UN-Climate-Change-Group

The move is a severe blow to the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) following the revelation parts of its 3000 page 2007 report on climate science was not subjected to peer review. A primary claim of the report was the Himalayan glaciers could disappear by 2035, but the claim was not repeated in any peer-reviewed studies and rebuffed by scientists. India's environment minister Jairam Ramesh announced that the Indian government will established a separate National Institute of Himalayan Glaciology to monitor climate change in the region. 'There is a fine line between climate science and climate evangelism,' Ramesh said. 'I am for climate science.'

They don't believe the data, or just don't care about the possible consequences?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: India Ditches UN Climate Change Group
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:46 »
India has a vested interest not to believe in it.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 10:47 »
It's all a bit political for me.  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 19:10 »
indeed.

If I had the cash I'd setup my own independent lab to prove that global warming exists... oh wait  :o:
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum