Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Microsoft to release emergency Internet Explorer patch on Tuesday  (Read 834 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Microsoft has announced that it will be issuing an emergency out-of-band patch for a critical security hole in some versions of Internet Explorer on Tuesday 30 March.

According to a Microsoft advisory, the emergency fix is designed to protect users of Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7.

Microsoft normally bundles its security updates into a monthly package, known in the industry as "Patch Tuesday" (the second Tuesday of each month), and it is relatively unusual for the company to issue a fix for a security vulnerability outside of this cycle. Clearly Microsoft considers the bug particularly important to patch as soon as possible.

And in my opinion they're right not to leave this vulnerability unpatched until April 13th. Earlier this month I described how hackers are actively exploiting the vulnerability, in their attempt to infect computers.

The researchers in SophosLabs reported some of the malicious spam messages we have seen being distributed which attempt to trick users into visiting websites that will exploit the zero day vulnerability and infect Windows PCs.

LINK

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
It's becoming increasingly frequent, isn't it.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
I've been loving the IE adverts on the telly here!  :laugh: :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
 ;D I'm surprised you've been watching, Sam.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
well telly is on whilst eating etc... bloody annoying though.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I know, I do hate to spoil a good meal with adverts... ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Or a good thread without discussing food!  ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
 ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum