Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: slow......  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Baz

• Established Member
slow......
« on: April 14, 2010, 21:38 »
been having some bother tonight Simon.its been really slow earlier on...next door too :dunno:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: slow......
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 21:40 »
Yes, did you not see the posts about the outage, Baz?  I'm assuming it's connected to that.  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 21:42 »
half read them really  :)   it only seemed to be the forums for me though thats why the half read

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 21:44 »
For reference:

Quote from: Rik, from next door...
IDNet have ascertained that their LINX peering fell over. They've removed LINX from the network and this has brought everyone back up again, as far as we can tell. This may be related to the problem people were experiencing Monday (?) evening.

Yes, I thought it was only the forums too, as I could get BBC News OK earlier, but the whole thing, emails, the lot, went down for me about 10 minutes ago, for probably about 5-10 minutes.  There's obviously something going on somewhere.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Baz

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 21:47 »
now you mention it email was taking a while.seems ok now though

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 21:57 »
Yup, all back to normal now, and from IDNet's network status page, which obviously will only be relevant to IDNet customers:

2010-04-14 21:26: Our core router in London Telecity had not cleared itself since the incident this afternoon and was showing increasing signs of failing to keep its BGP table updated so it has been reloaded. This should fix the performance issues being experienced by web and mail servers hosted in Telecity.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum