Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Eyjafjallajokull!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Eyjafjallajokull!
« on: April 19, 2010, 14:32 »
Okay, I have tried, but pronouncing this one eludes me…I think it needs a new name. (Simply “Kull” might do.) This eruption, though not the largest volcanic event in recent history, has certainly had a huge impact on air travel. Initially, there were even fears of (I’ve always wanted to use this word in a sentence) pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis from breathing the silica dust. But the last I heard was that not that much was making it to the ground in high enough concentrations to worry about.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2010/04/18/eyjafjallajokull/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Eyjafjallajokull!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 14:34 »
This is brilliantly timed.  It's getting more coverage than the election!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 14:35 »
This is brilliantly timed.  It's getting more coverage than the election!  ;D

its when the cloud turns orange.... then job done.  ::)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 14:45 »
 ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 14:59 »
actually the conservatives should start pumping up red smoke... they can then blame it on labour - they seem to like doing that "we never did anything in the 80s honestly"
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 16:13 »
 o:)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 20:11 »
The news has never been so exciting.  Clegg has wiped the smile off Cameron's face and I just hope he puts on a decent performance on Thursday. 

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 00:35 »
When are we going to hear the other Nick, the one whos party actually has some real policies, on the BBC or ITV ?

I did notice after last weeks question time they announced the next two venues but never mentioned anyone who would be on.
Seeing as they have had Farage from UKIP and that silly bitch from liberty on last week and its not long since they had the greens on then maybe they will get the BNP on this week or next but arent publishing it in advance, in the hope of getting a normal programme rather than the pre arranged witch hunt they had the last time  :dunno:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 00:56 »
The trouble is, Sandra, even if he has some policies people like, he's still an unelectable pillock.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 04:13 »
The trouble is, Sandra, even if he has some policies people like, he's still an unelectable pillock.

exactly. I'm not even sure people like his policies - he's the biggest scaremonger of them all.

What did they have them on... are you talking tv in general, cause I'm sorry but for a national debate there is only 3 parties.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 05:15 »
I was talking about the BBC1s programme Question Time Sam, thursday night just after 10-30pm.

I had a friend round the other day whose son was disgusted when shed told him she would be voting BNP.
I showed her the link you put up so she could go through the questions and her answers gave her similar scores to mine so she said shed show him that page and see what he thought. I havent heard if hes done it yet but it would be interesting to see his results.

Maybe its an age thing that older people with more experience of real life tend to take the time to read, listen, watch and digest the available information rather than just blindly believing what the three main parties say, as we have heard them all promising the same things many times before.
Now that the BNP have been proved in the courts not to be a racist organisation, the EHRC really shot themselves in the foot with that one, I cant see why some people think that they are even worse than the real nasty party aka the tories.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03 »
Now that the BNP have been proved in the courts not to be a racist organisation...

If you're referring to their membership policies, let's remember, they had to be forced to accept non-white members by the courts. 

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 13:27 »
They had to change their membership rules to fit in with the new upcoming legislation. The courts didnt force them to change they just approved the changes that the BNP, as a law abiding organisation, proposed.
They have evolved into a more modern party that fits in with peoples needs and wishes of today and have left the older ideas behind, in much the same way as new labour is unrecogniseable as being a party for the working man, as it used to be in the pre Blair leadership days of old labour.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 13:42 »
You can put as much spin on it as you like, Sandra, but the fact remains, if they'd wanted non-whites in the party, the courts wouldn't have been involved at all.  Someone must have brought a case against them for the issue to have arisen. 
I'll concede, I'm not against all of their policies, but like all the parties, it's what they don't tell us that we should be worried about, and Nick Griffin is wholly unelectable, even if they had the best policies. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 13:44 »
Anyway, what's this got to do with the bloody volcano?  ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum