Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Router access help required  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Den

• Forum Fanatic
Router access help required
« on: July 21, 2010, 20:46 »
Just received this email from my son, anyone with any ideas. If this gets in depth I will ask him to log on here

I have a D-Link DSL2640R Wireless Router, with 4 desktop computer linked by LAN leads. TWO computers work fine, no problems at all, TWO computers don't. The same two computers also don't work with wireless 'dongles' but two other laptops work fine on wireless. I have tried accessing the router and making sure all settings are correct...Ive set all computers up to exactly the same settings, and have also tried static IP addresses, and also tried different LAN leads, etc.... seem to have tried everything, inc looking up on other forums where people have had similar problems, all seem to have been solved using different methods, but no methods have worked on these two things that are soon to be flying out of the window...HELP!   
Fourth in the 2018 Quiz of the Year but at least I beat Clive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Router access help required
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 23:01 »
I know it's stating the bleeding obvious, but any firewalls in place, Den?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:04 »
all running windows? Using the same version?

Might be worth checking if the router is limiting how many machines can connect to it at once..
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14 »
Or switching the cables around.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum