Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: It’s Alive! NanoSail-D Suddenly and Spontaneously Comes Back to Life  (Read 1236 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
A small solar sail that was thought to be a lost cause has “spontaneously” come back to life. The NanoSail-D — a NASA-designed solar sail cubesat that launched in December but suddenly went silent without confirmation of its deployment — unexpectedly ejected from its host satellite on Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 11:30 a.m. EST. Engineers at Marshall Space Flight Center confirmed that the NanoSail-D nanosatellite ejected from Fast Affordable Scientific and Technology Satellite, FASTSAT, when they looked at onboard FASTSAT telemetry. The ejection of NanoSail-D also has been confirmed by ground-based satellite tracking.

http://www.universetoday.com/82647/its-alive-nanosail-d-suddenly-and-spontaneously-comes-back-to-life/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I love the name Fatsat. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
It's FASTSAT!  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
So it is. Very Freudian of me. ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Indeed.  :)x
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
This is wonderful news.  Nanosail is the stuff of science fiction and could provide future generations with the means to conquer the Galaxy. 

Offline sam

• Administrator
So it is. Very Freudian of me. ;D

lol
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
I don't thing nanosail and FATSAT would go well together...  :laugh:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum