Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Only Fools and Horses writer John Sullivan OBE dies  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Only Fools and Horses writer John Sullivan OBE dies
« on: April 23, 2011, 22:48 »
John Sullivan, who wrote one of the best-loved British sitcoms, Only Fools and Horses, has died at the age of 64.

He had been in intensive care for six weeks at a hospital in Surrey, battling viral pneumonia.

He also wrote Citizen Smith and Just Good Friends, and the third and final episode of his latest work Rock & Chips will be shown on BBC One on Thursday.

Sir David Jason, who played Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses, said he was "devastated" at the loss of his friend.

He said: "We have lost our country's greatest comedy writer but he leaves us a great legacy, the gift of laughter. My thoughts at this time are with his lovely family."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13176198

:rip:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Only Fools and Horses writer John Sullivan OBE dies
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:56 »
"...our country's greatest comedy writer..."

What about Richard Curtis, Ben Elton, Eric Sykes, John Cleese, Victoria Wood, Jimmy Perry & David Croft, Anthony Jay & Jonathan Lynn?

John Sullivan was very talented and his loss is sad, but let's keep things in perspective.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:16 »
He looked quite ill when I saw him on television a couple of months ago.  Mrs Clive commented "he's not long for ths world". 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:40 »
Oddly, I don't even think I'd seen a picture of him until now. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum