Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Billy Connolly ends comedy shows early after heckles  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Billy Connolly ends comedy shows early after heckles
« on: February 03, 2012, 13:37 »
Comedian Billy Connolly has been criticised for ending two stand-up shows in a week early, due to hecklers.

Fans were left disappointed in Blackpool last weekend after the comic walked off stage 20 minutes early after verbal abuse from audience members.

A few days before, he also cut short a gig in Scarborough.

A spokeswoman for Connolly declined to comment on the incidents but said the comic's tour would continue in Llandudno, Wales, on Friday.

Fans reported the 69-year-old Scot walked out of the Blackpool gig after he was interrupted during one of his jokes.

Ffyona McKeating, who attended the show in Blackpool, told the Blackpool Gazette: "It was such an anti climax and I felt he should have been used to hecklers."

Another person said: "I think he should have had consideration for the majority instead of spoiling it because of one heckler. When he left the stage he wasn't smiling and didn't thank the audience for attending."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16870595

Time to hang up the mic, Billy?   :-\
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Billy Connolly ends comedy shows early after heckles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 15:22 »
I think that happened a while ago.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 16:28 »
I would have thought that a professional with his experience should have been able to deal with a heckler, but equally, the venues should have policies to throw people out who continually disrupt a performance.   
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 17:24 »
I agree on both points - but at one time he'd have taken it in his stride.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum