Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Distributors refuse to send Raspberry Pi to customers  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
The first shipment of 2,000 Raspberry Pi boards has arrived in the UK - but the company's distributors are refusing to send them to customers.

A small, low-cost computer designed to encourage children to get into programming, the first 11,000 Raspberry Pi devices sold out quickly after going on sale.

Distributors Element 14 and RS Components told the group behind the low-cost computer that they won't distribute the device until it receives the CE mark, a certification that shows it meets EU regulations for consumer products.

While Raspberry Pi says it "respects" the viewpoint that the CE mark is required, it sees the devices not as finished products, but similar to other computing boards, such as the BeagleBoard, a similar hardware project.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/education/373825/distributors-refuse-to-send-raspberry-pi-to-customers#ixzz1qWN3NYpa
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Distributors refuse to send Raspberry Pi to customers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 17:07 »
Pi squared? ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 17:41 »
I expect the customers are Pi ssed off.  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 17:42 »
 :laugh:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 19:34 »
I'm still rather tempted with one. Though I'm glad I didn't pre-order as I would be well annoyed by now.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 22:28 »
Indeed.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum