Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi review – the price is right, but the software is not  (Read 1476 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll have at least heard of the Raspberry Pi. Since the creation of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, a not-for-profit charity created by Eben Upton and David Braben, the credit-card sized computer has rarely spent a day out of the press – despite delays caused by manufacturing issues and unprecedented demand.

"The Pi’s problems look to be at an end, and customers are finally receiving their long-awaited boards – but does the device deliver on its promise of affordable, hackable computing in a

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/raspberry-pi-review-the-price-is-right-but-the-software-is-not/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Not quite, eh Sam.  :(
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
I'd still like to have one.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I'm sure you will. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
maybe, it might be cheap but this last year has been well expensive - probably should cut back on the impulse / possibly useless purchases.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I'll put it on your Christmas list, Sam. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
 :) I reckon so many cool things could be done with them - just not sure who would be that interested. I mean school kids, really? I don't think the schools have the time to support this kind-of-speculative teaching that they are going for.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
I agree with you, great idea, but no planning behind it. That's where, at least, the BBC Micro scored, there was a lot of support to encourage people to take an interest - albeit it couldn't compete on price.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
indeed. This time right price...
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum