Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Miniature Keyboard  (Read 1083 times)

Offline thegallery

Miniature Keyboard
« on: May 10, 2003, 21:44 »
There are some great small keyboards for PDA's; Mirco Inovation even has wireless ones that fold out, and not to mention the little PDA thumboards. I'm trying to find something similar for my tablet pc, and for another pc I use in front of the TV. I would love just to have a little thumboard for the couch(with a built in track point too!), or perhaps a slightly larger fold out version for my tablet PC. The tablet is fantastic for surfing the net and doing many different things, but not so good for writing an email. All the USB keyboards on the market seem to big, and the few small one's I've seen are very expensive. I like the idea of wireless though I'd like it to have a miniature interface like the PDA versions have. Any recommendations on this? Any idea how I might convert a PDA keyboard to work through the USB port? Tks

Adept

Re:Miniature Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 18:32 »
I don't know of anything sorry thegallery :(

We're a little slow over here in the UK, Tablet PCs have only just been launched. I haven't even seen one "in the flesh" yet ::)

The Tablet PCs which are being released over here are basically laptops with swivel screens and so already have keyboards built-in.

It's a new market - I'm sure some enterprising company will come out with something suitable soon :)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 21:16 »
Ah I hadnt realised you were one of our ex colonials TG,sorry.
Have a nice day  :-*

Offline thegallery

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 06:06 »
I have to say the Tablet PC is incredible. Though it is not for everyone, especially with the price. But here I am kicking back on the couch writing this in my scrawl (which I can barely read).It is best used for surfing the net, or eBay, of for doing graphics, where it opens up a whole new world. For imputing text, like an email, or for this forum, it is not ideal. I then just slide it into its dock, and I have an instant desktop. It also fires up a second monitor and, with the help of some software, I have two desktops with
taskbars for both, and I can throw windows between monitors instantly. I decided on a slate model as I can have the advantages of a keyboard by plugging in any USB board or using the dock. They have a nifty small keyboard but it is still too big to use while kicking back on the couch. Anyway, I could ramble on forever. I just want some alternative input devices. BTW, tablets have a handwriting input panel, or a "write anywhere? function. And a toggle to bring up an on-screen keyboard. Gestures are also used.  

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 08:16 »
You're making Adept jealous now, TG!   ;) :D :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 09:04 »

You're making Adept jealous now, TG!   ;) :D :D

Too right! I've avoided mentioning how jealous I am so far ;D It won't last ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum