Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Stylus C62 cleaning head  (Read 1593 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Stylus C62 cleaning head
« on: May 25, 2003, 18:00 »
Hi folks  ;D Only me

I have a stylus C62 and when I print it comes out all streaky on the blue  ??? so I cleaned the nozzles through the epson maintenance panel 20 times or more I lost count, but the blue keeps coming out on the nozzle check pattern all streaky!! anybody got any suggestions  ;D tried new Carts.

Hookstar

Adept

Re:Stylus C62 cleaning head
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 18:18 »
The thing with Epson inkjets is that the print heads are not supplied with the print cartridge unlike most other manufacturers, so simply changing the cartridge won't help, as you know.

If you have cleaned the print heads with the Epson utility, there isn't much else you can do :(

The only think that springs to mind is that there may be a small piece of fluff stuck to the underside on the print head assembly. I would have thought that this would cause streaking on all colours though :-\

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 18:33 »
Adept

I have just wasted a whole new black cartridge on trying to clean the heads.. maybe I should have took the black out :( ho hum  :-[.

Its still under warrenty tho, maybe I should take it back then they will say did you use original print carts  ::)stuffed again huh.

Hookstar

Adept

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 18:47 »

Its still under warrenty tho, maybe I should take it back then they will say did you use original print carts  ::)stuffed again huh.

The best thing to do is to find an "original" cartridge and put that in when you take the printer back to where you got it from ;)

Compatible cartridges? - not me mister ;D ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 18:57 »
Now stripped the head out and cleaning in isopropanal ........watch this space  ;D

Adept

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 19:00 »

Now stripped the head out and cleaning in isopropanal ........watch this space  ;D

Engineers! ::) ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 19:00 »
This is probably totally unhelpful (nothing unusual there!), but I also have a C62.  Have you tried the Print Head Alignment facility, Hookstar?  Just a thought.

I do use compatible cartidges, on the grounds that what I save in cartridge costs in a year or two would probably pay for a new printer if it breaks down!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2003, 19:28 »
OK sorted  ;D ...... lots of pieces and Isoproponal and a can of air = nice clean printing.

Cheers

Hookstar   8)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum