Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: DivX Player  (Read 830 times)

Offline twiggy

DivX Player
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:44 »
Just to let you no the system i was asking you about is all built and working, my uncle come over and built it for me and i help out a little. It's working great and all for under £400.

Write my next challange to build a divx player for my front room. I wont to build this completely on my own this time. So i need to no what stuff i need. From the case to the motherboard to wires and cables. EVERYTHING. Could you just give me a list of all the components i need.

Could you also for each compenent give a recommendation what you think wil be good enough just to play a divx disc thats all it will be used for. Maybe the odd audio CD.

Thanks Mark

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:DivX Player
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 13:39 »
Glad you got it all up and running ok Mark,which graphics card did you go for in the end?

I am a little puzzled by your latest query.
Do you mean to have it like a "stand alone dvd player" on your TV  ???

If its just a second PC purely for watching DIV X films then we need to know the minimum specifications that it requires.
I watched them on my old 450 so I dont think that the CPU needs to be a superfast one but obviously a decent graphics card would be necessary for improved quality of the films  :-*

Offline Dack

• Established Member
Re:DivX Player
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 19:17 »
Minimum spec for a decent DIVX/XVID playback is probably about a P3-450 system with a decent graphics card.

Given the noise a normal PC makes (along with the cost to get a suitable system) you are probably better off buying a stand alone DVD player that also does Divx. Ebuyer are currently offering the Liteon DVD/DIVX player for about £120.
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum