Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: USB problems  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re:USB problems
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 02:16 »
First thing I did Dave, the first time it happened, was to change the fuse.  I plugged in to a different socket but still nothing.  If I wait 15mins or so, it switches on again. :(
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2003, 17:48 »
Lona.. Make sure that the wires are tight in the plug and that the fuse is clamped tight in the 2 metal clamps inside the plug top.

Normaly when a plug heats up like that it means 1 or 2 of the above is loose.

Hookstar

Lona .. be careful as electricity Kills.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 19:18 »
When you say 'back plug' do you mean the female socket end of the power lead that connects into the PC tower? Sounds like a lose connection hence it is heating up the connector, give it a good checking other or at the very least check your property and contens insurance. ;D

Talking about electric kills, I borrowed a hedge trimmer complete with extension cable, of my next door neigbour but one. whist he was getting it, his farther who was there at the time, said always cut away from yourself. Last time I used it I cut right through the cable in two places.

Anyway when I got home and unravelled the extension cable, his dad had put the socket on the lead coming out of the hedge trimmer and the plug on the end of the extension cable. Meaning the extension cable had a plug at both ends!!!!! a lethal death trap if ever I saw one. I warned my neighbour but he seemed non plused, he just popped it back in the garage. you'll never guess his occupation..........he teaches Health and Safety .............honest
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 22:31 »

Lona.. Make sure that the wires are tight in the plug and that the fuse is clamped tight in the 2 metal clamps inside the plug top.

Normaly when a plug heats up like that it means 1 or 2 of the above is loose.

Hookstar

Lona .. be careful as electricity Kills.

It's the plug into the PC that's heating up, Hookstar. I thought it was the plug into the wall socket at first and replaced the fuse but it didn't matter which socket I plugged PC into it would not start. I think Tony could be right about loose connection into back of PC, although it looks sound enough. When PC cooled down, it started again. I had been leaving it on all day, as suggested on one of the threads on pals. I have stopped doing that from yesterday and so far no problems. :).

We have a breaker switch for our hedge trimmer but Hubby always forgets or doesn't bother to use it and last week he cut through the cable. Now why was he not electrocuted, that puzzles me. ???
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum