Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mailwasher Question  (Read 1703 times)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Mailwasher Question
« on: August 21, 2003, 15:42 »
Is anyone using the FREE edition of Mailwasher?  I've just been looking at the Mailwasher website http://www.mailwasher.net and according to the comparison chart the FREE version only supports one account, while the Pro version supports unlimited accounts.

That is strange, because I use the free version 1.33 and have all my accounts set up in it.  Indeed, the only noticable difference between my version and the paid-for version is that until a donation is sent to register the free version, the program advertises the Pro version.

Very peculiar.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:Mailwasher Question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 16:08 »
I also use the free version of MailWasher Dave and have 3 accounts set up on it without any problem at all.  What I like about it is that it brings in all 3 together without having to switch identities in Outlook Express.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 17:07 »
It probably applies to new versions of the 'free' version.  If you're running an older version, it will hold as many accounts as you like.  Just don't update it!

It is a good program, and I actually made a small donation when it first came out, so I got the Pro version for nothing.   :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 17:54 »
Thanks for that, Simon.  Just out of curiosity, is there any difference at all between the Pro version and the older free versions?

To anyone else reading this who does not yet use Mailwasher, it is one of those indispensable programs that (once used) you will wonder how you managed without it.  A download of the older free version 1.33, which supports multiple accounts, can be found at

http://www.kgtu.runnet.ru/WD/Advices/MailWasher.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 18:22 »
Very little Dave.  I think the intention was to create a less featured 'free' version, rather than a 'Pro' version with lots of extra features, so the Pro version now is almost identical to the old 'free' version, but the new 'free' version has obviously been stripped down a bit.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 22:44 »
I also coughed up a modest amount for Nick Bolton's Mailwasher, thus receiving MWpro free when it came out, and then getting Firetrust Benign for the offer price of about 7 quid.  The latest deal has brought forth MSGTAG Status for 29 quid, and very nice it is, too -- if still a tad pricey when compared with the features of the Free and Plus versions.

Sometimes, it really does pay to support the authors of the software you use.  Mind you, I was one of those who paid Justin Frankel USD 10.00 for a Kosher version of WinAmp just 6 months before it became freeware!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum