Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: rebbotin problems  (Read 2162 times)

Offline souamitos

rebbotin problems
« on: November 21, 2003, 19:54 »
well here is the situation,first i had thisd packard bell digi cam installed it to my pc,everything seemed to be ok but when i open one image from the camera,it rebooted automativcally,i tried to find any prob with this but i couldnt find anything....then couple of days ago i installed fifa 20004 and after one or two games it reboots!
what  ??? happens?
info about my pc :
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       System Model: AWRDACPI
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~1.7GHz
             Memory: 256MB RAM
          Page File: 226MB used, 392MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 (4.09.0000.0900)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.0000.0901 32bit Unicode

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re:rebbotin problems
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 20:23 »
:welcome:  souamitos.  A techie has been alerted to your problem and will reply soon.  

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 20:50 »
Whilst I'm no techie, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you had a virus infection.  The symptoms you describe are consistent with those of one of the current crop of viruses.

Have you done a scan with an up-to-date virus scanner recently?

Offline souamitos

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 21:03 »
i dont think its viryus,im using norton pro 20003,but anyway this happened from the first time i installed the digi,but i have used the digi cam with xp in another pc...

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 21:16 »
It could possibly be a misbehaving driver, but we'll now have to wait for a grown-up to appear and talk you through this problem.

Hang in there!   :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 21:23 »
It could be co-incidental that the symptoms started when you installed the digi-cam.  The sudden random rebooting you have decribed is a sign of the W32.Blaster.Worm which has been rampant of late.  Have you definitely updated your Virus Definitions, and got the Blaster Worm Patch from Microsoft, by going to Windows Update?

Sorry if this is too basic for you, but we have to ask.   ;)  If you've got all the updates, and are certain you are virus free, then it's out of my limited league, and hopefully one of our techies will be able to help you further.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 23:58 »
Which graphics card are you using and is it within the specs for the game thats causing the problems  ???

Offline souamitos

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2003, 00:15 »
well let me tell u this story,when i put the new ac/ator and mb i tried xp home edition (original) the Greek version(yes im greek)anyway,everythin was ok i installed then the digi,it gave me the info that the drivers are not tested etc but i continued so it got installed. then i opened the imaginary driver,select one of the pix,and after this it rebooted and then i had no recognisable sound card and no dvd rom!anyway i install again the same  xp and then everythin was ok until i did it again... then i put on the xp prof english ( cracked) so when i tried to open a pic it just restarted without causing any probs,when i downloaded the update pack,and try to check the pix,happened the same as with home edition,so installed again the prof without the update.till then i have the same windows,without digi workin....sometimes it opens a picture....then when i try again...reboot :S
anyway b4 couple of days i installed fifa 2004,and after 1 or  2games it restarts.... :-X
so i will try to find a bootable 2000 server windows to install having the same time xp,to try the digi and the fifa..if not work,i will format the driver and install again xp without the digi drivers installed at all
any other ideas?

i have nvidia geforce mx 32mb

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2003, 01:24 »
Bienvenue, Willkommen and Benvenuto, sorry that Greek is well, all Greek to me Souamitos  ;)

Do you get any kind of error message when it reboots or does it just reboot without any message ?

If it just reboots there is a setting that you can disable as XP wants to reboot at the slightest error that it detects, usually when it wouldnt cause a problem with anything.

I have attached a screenshot of the windows that you will see.

If you Right Click on My Computer, then Properties, then Advanced, then Settings in the Start Up and Recovery it will bring another box up.
In that box go to the central section, System Failure and untick the box for Automaticaly Restart.

That should solve your problem, my last installation of XP used to reboot itself randomly quite often until I unticked that box.
I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it in your last post, mine must have been ok as it was ticked on this latest installation but I have unticked mine now  :)

I hope that this cures your problem  :-*

Offline souamitos

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2003, 02:01 »
well here weve got new situation
i did that,then i tried the digi,opend 4-5 pix,took 1-2 and then.... dumb pshysical memorie,and after that its time i try to take a look at a pix,the same...a blue screen saying dumb blah blah and restart :S
im so go damned..or what?
 >:(

Offline souamitos

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 02:04 »
well thanx anyway for all of u who help
i really appreciate that! :o

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 02:07 »
Does it play the games ok without the camera connected now ?
I think we may have two seperate faults so lets concentrate on getting the game to play, theh we can see about the camera  :)
Is a 32mb graphics card suitable for the FIFA game ?
Is it ok for the camera too ?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 02:21 »
I have just read that someone else has a problem with a Packard Bell digi cam 3 crashing XP, someone suggested uninstalling the drivers for it and letting XP use its own, as it should detect it as a removable drive.
Which model of camera is it ?

Offline souamitos

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2003, 02:28 »
i played ibne game and crashed again, the  card iz ok,iz not that old, i can play loadsa of new games with no prob,u think the best is to format and install xp and never evcr install the camera? it is packard bell dsc-3

Offline souamitos

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2003, 02:32 »
information: when i was using win 98 and a celeron 33 mhz,the camera was working fa-nta-stic :P

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum