Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sounds like a problem  (Read 723 times)

Offline David^

Sounds like a problem
« on: November 29, 2003, 15:31 »
hi there,

I have a  very irratating problem that i cant seem to find the answer to. My system specs are:
2800+ AMD Athlon
512mb 2700ddr
MSI KT4v
Sound blaster Audigy 2
Creative inspire 6700 6.1

The problem lies with my speakers or sound card. When i plug in my headset to the sound card or the headphone jack the software automatically changes to the headphone settings, therefore sending only  1-2 channels of sound. After that when i plug my speakers back in, they still only send 1-2 channels which only comes out of 1 speaker. If i re-install the software it goes back to normal, but still happens after i plug in the headset.

Please help me!

Dave
ouch me, I rock

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Sounds like a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 16:32 »
If you find the screen in the shot below in your Control Panel, under Sounds and Audio Devices, click the ringed 'Advanced' button, you'll find the speaker settings, which you can change from 'Desktop Stereo', to '7.1 Surround', and virtually every configuration in between.  I was just wondering if you set it to the set up you require, in this case, 6.1, it might default back to it when you remove the headset.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline David^

Re:Sounds like a problem
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 08:25 »
Thank you so much,

:)
ouch me, I rock

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum