Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: making a new pc  (Read 838 times)

Offline princeofdarkness

making a new pc
« on: January 02, 2004, 16:18 »
well i have never had the chance to upgrade or build a pc my mum doesnt trust me and im begining to think shes right not to trust me the furthest to hardware i have ever been is taking the case off my cpu lol so i want to know all the parts need for a basic pc and the best makes ;) but i understand alot of people have problems that need to be answered so do not answer my question unless you want to but if you do thanx in advance  ;D
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:making a new pc
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 18:05 »
Theres no such thing as best PoD  :(
Some people prefer AMD to Intel CPUs and vice versa.
Some prefer Gigabyte to, Asus or MSI or any of the other mobos in any order.
Usually the best way would be to decide what you want the pc to do and how much you can afford to spend.
If you have a limited budget, as most of us have, then you could use a cheaper sound card and buy a better graphics card or vice versa if the sound was more important to you than the graphics for example :doggie:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re:making a new pc
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 16:40 »
IMHO, if you want it to be fast, of good quality, but reasonably priced, then chose AMD CPU's. And use an AsRock motherboard, last one I used was their
K7S8XE it has won a price performance award, and I believe it can take proccessors up to and including 3.0G. Also it supports the latest 8xAGP graphics boards, and it costs £34.50 at Dabs

Like Sandra sez there is no such thing as best, and if you buy the very latest CPU, you will pay a "geeks must have now premium"  ::)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum