Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: HELP strange sound problems ...  (Read 840 times)

Offline i. tak

• New Registration
HELP strange sound problems ...
« on: January 07, 2004, 18:53 »
hi all i dont know if this is the right place for this topic but.. i got a nasty virus and ended up reinstalling windows - all went fine no problems and then i try to install some of my games (which all worked fine before i reinstalled xp btw) and im getting some strange sound problems.

If i install a games and try to play i lose all sound - nothing works no game sound, nothing in windows etc.. BUT before i tried to play the sound was working fine in xp.

The only way i can get the sound to work again is reinstalling my sound drivers!  The only difference with my fresh install of xp is that im using an updated version of graphics drivers (the catalyst 3.10 for radeon 9700) - could this affect my sound? anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be cos its drivin me nuts :(

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
Re:HELP strange sound problems ...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 18:58 »
Hi i.tak  :welcome:  One of our regular "Techies" will be around soon and will hopefully help you with your PC problem  :) then stick around and join in the forum.

Offline Dack

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 19:25 »
Looking here :http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33731458 There seem to be a LOT of issues with the 3.10 drivers and it's probably worth just reverting to the 3.9 drivers for now.

Worth checking that you have the latest Direct X installed though (9b) - start->run->dxdiag and check the graphics and sound options in there.
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Offline i. tak

• New Registration
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 19:05 »
hey guys thanks for your help.

the problems seems to have been solved - i reinstalled the older graphic card drivers and also did what i always do when my pc goes strange - take it apart and reassemble it - also cleaned it out a bit too.  

And guess what after that it all works fine now  :D

Adept

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 21:06 »

And guess what after that it all works fine now  :D

:goodnews: :thanks: for letting us know i. tak :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum