Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: monitor problems  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:monitor problems
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 22:18 »
Have you tried changing or reseating the graphics card?  Just a thought, but maybe something isn't quite making proper contact, but does so when it heats up and expands?  That would possibly account for the 5 minute delay.  Might also be an idea to check or change the monitor cable, just for elimination purposes.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline princeofdarkness

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2004, 16:18 »
im no technie but i had the same problem and the computer was doing something but the mnitor wud not cum on and then i took a disk out of the cd drive and restarted(which i had tried while disk was in and it didnt work) and it worked so i tried the whole disk thing again and i seemed to have the right idea! hope this helps.

PoD
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Offline David^

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004, 20:25 »
Well, We went out and changed the CMOS battery, and it hasnt helped and is still having problems booting up. The GFX card is compltly puched in and the monitor cables are fine...

:-\
ouch me, I rock

Offline agua-moose

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004, 20:54 »
you say the gfx card is seated fine, but have you physically taken it out and put it back in? try this and see what happens. failing that, have you got any way of trying a different monitor? or another pc with your monitor? that would be a good way to see where the problem lies...
e rock hard so you don't have to, you lazy non-rocking piece of poo.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum