Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: When clicking on a link,a blank box appears.  (Read 981 times)

Offline tucker

When clicking on a link,a blank box appears.
« on: March 04, 2004, 21:38 »
Feelin pretty frustrated about this. >:( Every time I click on a link or try to download some things like incredimail animations and letters, a blank Tiscali 10.0 box appears on screen, never showing anything in it. What can I do to sort this out?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:When clicking on a link,a blank box appears.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 21:47 »
Hi Tucker, and  

Before someone can help you, can you tell us:

1. Which Operating System you are using (XP, ME, Win98, etc),

2. Which browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc), and it would also be helpful if you know which version it is,

3. If you are using a firewall, which one,

4. If you are using any sort of Download Manager,

5. If you have Broadband or 56K Dial Up, assuming your ISP is Tiscali.

Hopefully, when we know a bit more, one of our techies should be able to help you.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline tucker

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 21:56 »
Hi Simon, I'm using Windows XP with internet Explorer. I am not aware of any firewall installed.Yes I am with Tiscali and broadband with that. The speed is approxiamately 156kbs. Not that quick but a little quicker than 56k.What else do you need? I don't know what kind of download manager I would have being quite green to the PC.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 21:56 »
Hi Tucker and :welcome:
I think that its something to do with Tiscalis web browser, its suposed to be a log in box but why its not giving you anywhere to log in I cant think.
One way round it for the time being maybe is to right click and then save as for a download or open in new window for a link :doggie:

As I think this is an internet related problem I am moving this thread to that section  :)

Offline tucker

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 22:06 »
Thanks Sandra, Sorry I haven't got back to u sooner, but I have been away. I guess I can expect someone to contact me about this soon? ;)Bye for now.

Adept

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 07:08 »
Does Tiscali supply some special software to install? It may be worth re-installing this to see if it helps ??? :-\

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum