Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Printer problem  (Read 1017 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Printer problem
« on: March 20, 2004, 19:37 »
I seem to be jinxed at the moment with numerous glitches in the otherwise wonderfully efficient *cough* pc system i have.

my epson stylus photo 790 USB printer has taken it upon itself to start printing photos in "odd" (for want of a better word) colours.  not solarised just not right.  i cant see any settings that have changed, everything is bog standard, i've downloaded the latest epson driver and tried different usb ports etc. The ink cartridge isnt at fault as it is half full and stops working as soon as the first colour runs out anyhow (what a rip off).

I appreciate this is a bit vague but i cant really describe the effects i'm seeing.

if there are any psychics out there can they tell me what the problem is   :-\

Adept

Re:Printer problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 20:13 »
Have you tried cleaning the print heads Dave? No I don't mean to get the Mr Sheen out! ;D

There should be a section in the printer driver which allows you to clean the printer's inkjet nozzles. I haven't used an Epson for a while, so I can't exactly remember where it is  :-\

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 21:24 »
If it's like my Epson, you should have an icon in your system tray, which you can right click for some utilities, one of which is head cleaning.   :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 00:15 »
Yeah good idea, i've had to clean them several times recently already, that could well be the problem. thanks will try that   ;D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 00:19 »
I had a problem with my Lexmark printer recently Dave, it was printing all in red even after cleaning the nozzles a few times with the printers utility.
The test page after cleaning looked ok with all the colours but each print came out red  ???
I took the cartridge out and wiped some kitchen towel around the jets and it was fine after that  :)

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 11:40 »
Download this free epson tool, it gives you full control over your printer

http://www.ssclg.com/download/sscservr.exe

Main features.

SSC Service Utility allow You to do many amazing things with Your Epson printer :

1) Work directly with CSIC in Epson Stylus printers cartridges.
2) Freeze internal ink counters.
3) Reset internal ink counters even with empty cartridges.
4) Separate cleaning of color and black heads for all Epson inkjet printers, powerful cleaning mode.
5) Hot swapping of cartridges supported.
6) Resetting of protection counter (even then it is already full).
7) More then 60 different Epson printers supported

Brian :D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 14:43 »
Thanks Lobo i'll try that.  Success with the head cleaning as well, funny how you forget to try the most obvious thing first.   ;D ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum