Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BOOTING UP PROBLEMS ON NEW MOTHERBOARD  (Read 761 times)

Offline hardrivehead

• New Registration
BOOTING UP PROBLEMS ON NEW MOTHERBOARD
« on: April 24, 2004, 14:14 »
Hope you can help just purchased a new motherboard{DFI LANPARTY ULTRA II } a new processor {ALTHON 2500+BARTON CORE AND NEW HEAT SINK AND FAN}new hard drive{MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 9 160GB 8MB CACHE} Existing componets 512 ram/128mb graphics card xt5700 .The problem i'm having is when I try to reboot the system from new using xp home it will load up the first part then on the screen it will inform me that the pc will reboot in 15 seconds this is where I get problems it reverts back to the first stage of installing xp again and keeps repeating this procedure.I have tried several configurations connecting the hard drive and the SONY RE-WRITER but still no joy,I have also tried changing the jumpers on the two units.I have also changed some bios settings although this is a grey area to me but have read up on a few things.I am at my wits end and if I have no success here I will have to take my pc to someone to sort out.Please there must be a genius out there who can help me with this error.Look forward to any help.GEORGE.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:BOOTING UP PROBLEMS ON NEW MOTHERBOARD
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 14:27 »
Hi George and :welcome:

Has it never booted into full windows since you installed XP on the drive or did it run and then you connected to the net and this has happened subsequently ?
It sounds like you may have got the blaster worm, thats if you did manage to get on the net before this started happening or its been a bad install of the OS if it has never run in normal windows at all.
Can you get it to run in safe mode ?

Offline princeofdarkness

Re:BOOTING UP PROBLEMS ON NEW MOTHERBOARD
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 15:35 »
this site will program will remove the blaster worm if you manage to get on to xp http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e70a0d8b-fe98-493f-ad76-bf673a38b4cf&displaylang=en

and this one has info about the worm and i think it has a patch to stop you catching it again http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MSBLAST.A

Hope i helped Jonah
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum