Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: blocking mouse and keyboard  (Read 7302 times)

Offline joudi

• Established Member
blocking mouse and keyboard
« on: October 17, 2004, 12:57 »
I have a friend who has two little cute daughters. Now, those two daughters are in the age of moving and walking in the house. Well, he's in need to find a function for his computer to block the keyboard and the mouse. If not, those daughters may touch some buttons, or do something which can affect his work.

Anyone knows how to do that?

I never thought of it before. I don't know if that function exist in windows.

He has XP of course.

Thanks...
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
Re:blocking mouse and keyboard
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 17:20 »
Upon searching, I came across this:

Active System Locker
SOW
System Locker is a handy utility that allows you to protect your personal computer from unauthorized access. You can use System Locker to restrict access to your PC. It is attractive, secure, and very easy to use. It starts automatically with Windows and optionally locks your desktop upon loading. It hides your desktop on system lock and provides an informative message to other users. You can set start/stop times for users to limit their access to your PC. Any action performed by System Locker is optionally recorded to log file and accompanimented with sound. Main features of System Locker: secure mouse and keyboard input blocking, powerful startup and automation options, audit and scheduling features, resistance to brute-force password hacking, sound support, taskbar icon notification.

I'm sure there are many more programs that do the same thing, but if you don't want to download that, then I have some code which I can use to make a program. I don't know if it will work rite now, because I haven't tested it. I dunno, I'll get back to you on that one ;).
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 18:32 »
Thanks Hiatus,

Well, I've installed the mentioned program, and I'm trying to learn about the way it works.

I've got it full. So, I don't need a code. Thanks a lot. It's already working fully.

If I find that function, it'll be very good.

Thanks again...

Still I'm thinking that logically (  :P ) Microsoft supposed to think of that, and provide, normally, that function to "Windows". How come we don't know about it, or it's not there?       ???      :-\

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 22:27 »
It's an interesting point, Joudi.  It seems to me that it would be an incredibly useful function for families with young children, and I would be surprised if it wasn't hidden somewhere in Windows.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 05:58 »
Anything "hidden" in Windows, I'm determined to find.  :) ;)

If it's there, I'll find it...........one day..............

*Whoops, sorry about not posting the link to that site. I wasn't thinking...I guess you found it anyways tho!
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 07:52 »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum