Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Any Wanadooers here?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline PhilTheFish

Any Wanadooers here?
« on: October 20, 2004, 08:24 »
Hi all,

Don't know whether any of the group use Wanadoo for internet access?

After 4 or 5 trouble free years with Wanadoo (first 3 or 4 dial up and now 1Mb broadband), I'm experiencing problems with my net connection dropping out all the time. It seems to have started around early September (which was coincident with Wanadoo dropping their prices and offering 1Mb connections to all - rather than 512k). I'm guessing that it may be because there are now loads more customers on faster connections causing the problem?

Any thoughts anyone?

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
Re:Any Wanadooers here?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 11:59 »
Well Phil,

Not on them myself, I'm with  NDO The 1Mbs, plus free modem and activation deal looks a cracker, and by rights should see folk flocking to Wanadoo. So you could be right about the service falling over due to it being heavly subscribed. What do Wanadoo Tech support say about your problem, it could be exchange related.

There is a Exchange checker on the NDO site Click Here just pop your phone number in and see if it is running at capacity.

I'll be out of my first 12 month period with NDO [pay for activation if you cancel within 12 months] in November. Will I be changing my ISP  .......NO WAY.....OK there are cheaper ISP's out there, but I ain't sacrificing reliability and first class free Tech Support, backed up by a very healthy help forum  for a few quid. I can honestly say it is the best ISP I have been with, and if memory serves me right I've been with seven others besides NDO
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 20:17 »
Just did that Exchange Status thing:-  :(

Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 22:40 »
My sister (Shaz on Pals) is with the Wanadoo BB service.  I have sent her a text message about this post, so if she's free she might reply.  :)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 00:44 »
Simon my Exchange is on Amber....and BT insisted we proved there was a need for the service by registering before they would enable exchanges.....what a set of tossers
 :o
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 06:23 »
I got the same result as Simon. Fortinately I've had no problems with speeds etc. I hope I'm not tempting fate now :(
img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 07:49 »
I've not experienced any real problems so far, but it definitely slows down between 6pm and 7pm most evenings, which is fortunately the time I'm usually doing other things, as there's never much going on forum wise.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline PhilTheFish

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 21:38 »
For some reason it wouldn't accept my telephone number to check it out. I'm getting more and more connection drop outs. I've recently installed McAfee Privacy software. Anyone had any problems with this? I don't think it's connected, but would like to know for sure.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 00:26 »
Best thing might be to uninstall the McAfee Privacy software, Phil, and see if it's any better.  At least then you may eliminate it as the problem.  Just one other thought, are you also running another firewall?  The two may not go together.   ???

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum