Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Video card and LCD issue  (Read 802 times)

Offline gilpher

• New Registration
Video card and LCD issue
« on: February 16, 2005, 08:30 »
I have an issue with video display.
Video card is Asus Radeon X300 and the monitor is LCD LG 1530S.
The configuration is 3 month old and the problem did not surface until about 10 days ago.
While the system is booting (or re-booting) the monitor is just displaying the Flatron sign and does not turn on until after the XP Welcome screen.
However, it turns on for the BIOS setup.
Anyone knows what might be the problem?
Thanks

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Video card and LCD issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:59 »
Hi gilpher, and  :welcome:

One of our experts may have a better idea, but until someone comes along, I can only suggest reinstalling your graphics card drivers, and possibly opening the case and making sure the card is seated properly.  Did the PC receive some sort of bump or has it been moved at all recently?  Also, once the monitor has turned on, does everything run OK?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Video card and LCD issue
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 09:15 »
Hi gilpher and  :welcome:

It might also be worth looking in control panel/power options and control panel/display just to see everything's ok in there.

Failing that a techie will be along later  :wink:

Offline gilpher

• New Registration
Video card and LCD issue
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 18:25 »
Thanks for the replies.
Already tried reinstalling drivers, but it didn?t help.
This morning the problem suddenly disappeared. Even after few restarts everything was fine. But then this afternoon the problem reappeared again.
I forgot to mention that I connected this monitor to another computer and it worked fine. Also, I connected another monitor to this computer and it worked fine too.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Video card and LCD issue
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 22:51 »
Cant think of much to suggest if its worked then not worked  :?
Possibly a dodgy GFX card yet you said it was ok on another monitor, was that TFT as well or a CRT one ?
Always worth trying to load BIOS defaults or failsafe if you have that option  :?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum