Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Forgot Password for Admin in SafeMode, HELP!  (Read 1691 times)

Offline FST2003

Forgot Password for Admin in SafeMode, HELP!
« on: August 28, 2005, 05:21 »
Hello,

Using XP Pro and I'm not sure why its doing this, but when I tried to enter my PC in safemode, thru admin it asked for a password.

So I choose my other user login and entered the password I knew for that one. All worked fine, but I would truly like to fix the problem...can someone please tell me how I can fix it?

Thanks for the help in advance,

John west

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 09:23 »
Hi John,

Lots of information on passwords and password recovery here.

Hope that helps!  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline FST2003

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 20:46 »
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to helpme out. I checked that site and although it had alot of great info...none of it helped me out.

Most of the setting it says to do, I already have done.

The site also speaks about a regular admin sign on problem. My problem is only in safemode admin. Meaning when my xp loads and shows the login screen during regular mode I only see my user name...ex:MyHouse.

But when I try thru safe mode, the login screen shows a user name of admin and then my user name "MyHouse". I can sign on the "MyHouse" but when I try the "Admin" it asked for password and I dont know it.

Please if you can, help me out. Thanks

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 22:12 »
It sounds like you created your user account with admin privileges and possibly some extra accounts when you installed XP Pro.
If you create any accounts XP Pro also creates an Admin account by default I think, which would only be accessed in safe mode.
If you installed it yourself then the password should be blank, if you just pressed enter and didnt type a password in, if your pc came with XP preinstalled then they may well have used the password of admin or administrator.

So I would try just logging onto the Admin account by hitting enter or by using admin or administrator and see if any of those work.

As long as you have admin privileges on your user account then you dont need to be able to access the admin account anyway as there wouldnt be anything extra in there to what you already have available through your own user account  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum