Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: red screen.......  (Read 760 times)

Offline POSTMAN477

red screen.......
« on: September 30, 2005, 21:11 »
Turned on my laptop this evening to find the screen with a red ish tinge??any ideas?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
red screen.......
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 21:37 »
Is there a speaker near the screen?  That might do it.  Otherwise, if it's similar to a desktop monitor, there should be a 'degauss' facility somewhere in the screen settings.  On a desktop, this is usually found in the menus accessible with the buttons on the front / side of the monitor.  Failing both of those, it could be a graphics card problem, or just the display settings.  Try right clicking the desktop and select Properties.  You should find a Settings tab, and an Advanced button, which may enable access to your graphics settings.  As I said, I'm only guessing all this, from a desktop monitor prospective, so apologies if it's all wrong.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
red screen.......
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 23:36 »
out of interest, you haven't been using any astronomy software have you? I use this sort of thing quite often and always forget to change the setting back. This means that I spend about 5 minutes trying to fix the problem with my graphics card, thats when I remember the astronomy program running!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline POSTMAN477

screene
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 21:19 »
not sure what happened but its sorted itself out....thanx guys.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum