Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: pop ups  (Read 1222 times)

Offline kabluckyj

pop ups
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:02 »
having trouble with pop ups after my daughter downloaded limewire.i have nortons anti virus software/firewall and pop up blocker but still get adult nature pop ups. operating on xp and using broadband any help much app :cry: reciated

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
pop ups
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:47 »
Hi kabluckyj and :welcome:

Try a free program from :

www.filehippo.com

Look for latest version of CCLEANER, its usually at the top right hand side of the page.

Install it and select Analyze then Run Cleaner, that will remove cookies and temporary files, if you look in the options it has a section where you can select which cookies you want to keep such as for Pc-Pals and other sites that you want to keep your log in details stored for  :)  

After that click on the Issues tab at the left hand side and run that part, hopefully that will find, fix and delete whatevers causing the popups.

I would suggest that you uninstall Limewire as its a bit like Kazza used to be before it went to the wall and is probably the worst P2P for getting viruses and other nasty things along with the files that you want  :(

If that doesnt work then please get back to us and we can try maybe altering some security settings or setting the popup stopper to be more aggressive.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
pop ups
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:21 »
kabluckyj, you have a PM.  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline kabluckyj

pop ups
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 23:52 »
some success with your advice still getting adult pop ups but now intent disappears for no reason

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
pop ups
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:53 »
These annoyances can often be removed with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy
Both are free downloads but don't forget to get the latest updates before using them.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum