Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Classic Albums  (Read 1914 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Classic Albums
« on: April 07, 2006, 00:58 »
Some of you might be interested in the BBC 4 'Classic Albums' programme tomorrow at 11:20pm that features Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'.

For myself, I'll be exulting in a plethora of David Bowie earlier in the evening :D .

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Classic Albums
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:13 »
The Eagles are on at 8-30pm to 9pm on BBC 4 too Gill  :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Classic Albums
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:59 »
Concert For Bangladesh was on on last night.  Following that great UEFA Cup match between Middlesbro' and FC Basle, I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed watching telly so much for a long time.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Classic Albums
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 11:17 »
The original 'Classic Albums' came out on individual DVDs some time ago, whereupon I bought 'The Band (eponymous)' and 'Steely Dan - Aja'.  Perhaps it's time I had a nose around for other gems in the series.

As for Bowie, sadly I seem to be the only person this side of Mars who thinks 'Tin Machine' was his finest hour.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Classic Albums
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 12:57 »
I'm afraid I'm with the majority, Rodders  :roll: .  Nothing he did after Ziggy Stardust was up to the same standard, as far as I'm concerned.

BBC 4 has shown some excellent programmes this week.  I was spared the footy but watched the Concert for Bangladesh; hasn't Eric Clapton changed?!  (Come to that, George Harrison's appearance isn't the same, either  :twisted: .)  They've shown concerts from Elton John and Cat Stephens this week too - if they'd chucked in some T Rex and Slade, I'd have been in my element.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Classic Albums
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 15:23 »
If they'd chucked in some Slade and T Rex I think I'd probably want to be in an elephant too.   :?

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum