Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest  (Read 1369 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
« on: July 10, 2006, 10:15 »
I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DMC) last night.  What a turkey!  I enjoyed the first film enormously but DMC has none of its charm or humour.  The plot is wafer thin and the film is wholly reliant on stunts.  Sadly, Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow is more two dimensional than before, but that isn't the film's biggest problem because he spends most of his time running around waving his arms in the air.  So do most of the other actors, many of whom have proven their credentials in other films.  Unfortunately, such acting duties as there are fall to the marionette that is Orlando Bloom.

DMC is overly long (the programme started at 9.25pm and finished at 12.05) and is clearly a mere vehicle to connect the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to a third film.  Do yourselves a favour and avoid it.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:23 »
i actually quite enjoyed it. The story line is a bit, ummm... but very entertaining with lots of good, if not repeated, action scenes. Some quite funny moments but then again nothing really that new. I was a little disapointed but I doubt I would have been if it was half an hour shorter!

Gill - they have already made the 3rd film (well shot most of it), I think it is due out next year...

plus I only paid £1.75 to see it, so won't moan that much...

We stayed to the end of the credits, didn't realise they would need 9 welders, argh!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 16:05 »
I thoroughly enjoyed the first one - Johnny Depp was brilliant.  Sequels are never ever as good as the originals are they?  We had actually considered going to the cinema to see this one but 3 hours might be a bit too long to stomach in one session.   :laugh:  Thanks for the helpful reviews!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 17:08 »
I thought the first one was great, and was looking forward to this, but maybe I'll just wait for the DVD.

Thanks Gill - we need more reviews!  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum