Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Instant messages now in Yahoo Mail  (Read 712 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Instant messages now in Yahoo Mail
« on: February 13, 2007, 14:36 »
You will now be able to send and receive messages from your Yahoo Mail account in real time.

Yahoo has announced that it has introduced instant messaging to its Yahoo Mail service so those who have accounts can send messages to each other within the Yahoo Mail interface.

The feature was made available to those using the Yahoo Mail beta service yesterday and will be rolled out to everyone with a Yahoo Mail account in the near future, according to the company.

?Yahoo is focused on making it easier for people to connect to those who matter most to them,? said Tim Nunn of Yahoo.

?By bringing Yahoo's leading instant messaging capabilities to email users, we're transforming Yahoo Mail into a tool that's about communicating; regardless of the form that communication takes,? said Nunn.

Yahoo is not the first to integrate instant messaging into its web-based email service, as Google Mail has had this capability for some time. However, Yahoo Mail beta does offer some features that Google Mail currently lacks, such as a preview pane.

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/uk/

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Instant messages now in Yahoo Mail
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 16:02 »
My Yahoo Mail account is a total spam and virus magnet, so much so, I am thinking of closing it.  My main use for it is access to some groups I am a member of.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 16:13 »
gmail rocks.. why go back when you have gone google?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 17:54 »
Indeed, but if it's a Yahoo group, it's a Yahoo group. 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 19:46 »
yeah, i wasnt really reffering that situation just the more general one
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum