Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: printer that won't  (Read 1744 times)

Offline jww41005

printer that won't
« on: March 11, 2007, 14:03 »
Hello!

My Epson C48 refuses to print when connected to my PC, but it prints when connected to my kid's PC......

I've installed it at least 3 times, but it just won't......................print!!

The documents to print just seems to be cueing up!!

On several occasions I've also had to reboot my PC because the keyboard or mouse wouldn't work. Clue?

Any ideas?

Thanks

John
If it works, don't fix it

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: printer that won't
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 14:22 »
Hi John,

When you say you have installed it 3 times, have you first removed it from Device Manager, so that Windows detects it as New Hardware, or just reinstalled the software?  Also, have you tried using a different USB port, in case it's that which is dodgy?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline jww41005

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 15:16 »
Ayup Simon.

Well, I went to the 'Control Panel' and removed everything 'Epson' and reinstalled it.
And yes, I've used  different ports, 4 all together, and nothing happened.
The printer lights are on, and the red light is flashing. That's because I have to change the coloured ink cartridge.

Cheers!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 15:58 »
Umm... if one of the cartridges is empty, it won't print - you realise that, yes?   :-\   

Not sure if it will make any difference, but Device Manager is where all the drivers and stuff live.  You may have just uninstalled the printer software from Control Panel.  Right click My Computer on your Desktop, click Manage > Device Manager, you should find a list of installed hardware.  Under Imaging Devices, you should find the printer listed.  Right click it, and you should get a list of options.  You could try Update Drivers (you may need to insert the printer CD), and if that doesn't help, Uninstall it to start afresh.  If you uninstall it, reboot, and it should then detect the printer as New Hardware, and ask for the CD, which will reinstall the drivers, and hopefully all will then be working correctly.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 17:49 »
When you are uninstalling the software, are you disconnecting printer from usb port.?

Make sure all files are deleted after uninstall by checking in program files.

Make sure you disconnect printer, then re-install software, then connect printer again.

http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline jww41005

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 19:58 »
Hello everyone,

Well!!

I reinstalled rebooted etc......still didn't work, so, I decided to update the driver, and now it works ;D

A lot more has happened since I was here last, but I don't want to bore you....
Something about a E_DMAI16.DLL :dunno:

It's amazing how a problem like this can really ***** your life up!

Anyway, Simon and Lona, thanks for your help AND speedy response, which is why I always come back here.

Hasta luego from sunny Seville

John

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 20:19 »
Glad you got it sorted, John.  8-)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 17:10 »
E_DMAI16.DLL

That file is one of the driver files for Epson printer.  Could be you didn't unistall old driver before updating.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum