Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Norton Anti Virus 2007  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
Norton Anti Virus 2007
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:53 »
Here is a link for a 90 day trial of either Norton Anti Virus 2007, or Norton Internet Security 2007.

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=1582AIndexPage&client=Symantec&sid=37771&cid=273172

I have in recent years become a hater of Norton products, but I have been running this for a week, and I must say it runs very lean and mean on my machine!

The best product they have produced in years! Worth a try if your interested.

You can buy the product on E-Buyer later if you want. Does anyone know if you buy an OEM version of software, something I have not done yet, whether at the end of the year you can update via the manufacturers site in the normal way?
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Norton Anti Virus 2007
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 14:59 »
What really annoyed me with Norton's is that since 2006 or thereabouts, you can only install their software on one machine unless you purchase a multiple user pack at nearly twice the price.  When my subscription became due around a month ago, I learned that they wanted the full cost of a single user CD just for a 12 month renewal.  I declined and eradicated it from my computer.  I downloaded AVG instead and now it doesn't cost me a penny. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 16:23 »
I have also heard good reports about NIS / NAV 2007, in that the resource usage issues of earlier versions, have all but been eradicated, and this version does run a lot leaner, however, when I tried it earlier this year, I found that it increased my boot up time by about 300%, which wasn't tolerable.  Since then, I have formatted and reinstalled Windows, so I will be trying NIS again when my F-Secure license expires in May.

Not sure about updating OEM versions, DG, but it could well be cheaper to buy another OEM license, rather than renewing the existing one!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 17:01 »
Afraid I dont know anything about buying programs and licenses, apart from that they all seem to be very expensive, I just use the free stuff  o:)

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 17:31 »
I have also heard good reports about NIS / NAV 2007, in that the resource usage issues of earlier versions, have all but been eradicated, and this version does run a lot leaner, however, when I tried it earlier this year, I found that it increased my boot up time by about 300%, which wasn't tolerable.  Since then, I have formatted and reinstalled Windows, so I will be trying NIS again when my F-Secure license expires in May.

Not sure about updating OEM versions, DG, but it could well be cheaper to buy another OEM license, rather than renewing the existing one!

Good point Simon-I must have been asleep to ask the question  :embarassed:

You can buy an OEM on E_Bay for about £12 !

Sandra-I thought you were a Posh Computer Expert! Always useing the best of everything! I must admit some of the free software is very good.

;D
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 22:17 »
Not posh and not an expert by a long way.

There is "free" and then there is "free to me" I should maybe have said  ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum