Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Men 'clueless' about gadgets  (Read 646 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Men 'clueless' about gadgets
« on: August 25, 2007, 23:19 »
While many of us head to electrical stores this bank holiday weekend to look at gadgets, a survey suggests that many men are not as IT-savvy as they think.

HP conducted research that found nearly one in four males consider themselves to be 'techies', and 78 per cent saying that they can set up a broadband connection.

However, of the 1,000 men surveyed by HP, more than half admitted they took over an hour to complete the last technology-related problem they encountered, if they managed to solve it at all.

Vicki Butler-Henderson, Fifth Gear presenter and HP's real-life product tester said: "I was surprised by the lack of information on a lot of tech products when I began conducting some real life print tests with HP so I'm not surprised that men are slightly struggling with all the responsibility being thrust upon them."

The research also found that 25 per cent of men didn't know what USB (universal serial bus) stood for, and more than 60 per cent didn't know how big a terabyte was (1TB = 1,000GB).

www.hp.com/uk

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Men 'clueless' about gadgets
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 23:24 »
The research also found that 25 per cent of men didn't know what USB (universal serial bus) stood for, and more than 60 per cent didn't know how big a terabyte was (1TB = 1,000GB)

Why waste time with triva?  Just plug the damned thing in!   :D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 09:14 »
Why waste time with triva?  Just plug the damned thing in!   :D

I agree 100%. Too much emphasis is placed on things today, taking away a lot of enjoyment!

:thumbs:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 14:05 »
Exactly guys, instructions are only needed when you stuff it up, oh that's right, I forgot, that's what the warranty is for.....silly me.  o:)
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum