Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: And finally... Sir Trevor to leave News at 10  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
And finally... Sir Trevor to leave News at 10
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:06 »
Veteran newsreader Sir Trevor McDonald is to make his last appearance as co-presenter of ITV's News at Ten next month, the broadcaster has confirmed.

The 69-year-old will stand down from the high profile job after presenting coverage of the US elections.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7700515.stm
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: And finally... Sir Trevor to leave News at 10
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19 »
lets hope they also stop putting it on in the middle of films.. I swear there is a reason I don't watch much tv anymore...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45 »
They've moved it about so much in recent years, nothing would surprise me!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:50 »
Thankfully, Sky+ solves such problems - not that I watch News at Ten or ITV that often.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 10:59 »
I can't remember the last time I watched a film on TV, but some Freeview PVRs also overcome the 'news break' problem too.  :)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:50 »
I can't remember the last time I watched ITV.  I don't like soap operas and ITV drama is poor quality.  What else is there to watch (apart from the odd footie match, which His Lordship enjoys  ::) ) ?

I won't miss Sir Trevor - I hardly knew he was there.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 15:59 »
Theres a new episode of Sharpe on this sunday and next Gill. Its in HD as well so once I figure out how to get ITV HD on my new sat box that should be worth watching  :)

Dont forget the Brazilian Grand Prix is also on this sunday, hopefully Hamilton will do something stupid again and Felippe Massa will be world champion  :)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 16:39 »
go Hamilton!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 18:15 »
Theres a new episode of Sharpe on this sunday and next Gill. Its in HD as well so once I figure out how to get ITV HD on my new sat box that should be worth watching  :)

If there was ever a guy who could not act, it's Sean Bean .................totally wooden. But I supposed its the look of him that takes your fancy  ;)

Dont forget the Brazilian Grand Prix is also on this sunday, hopefully Hamilton will do something stupid again and Felippe Massa will be world champion  :)

I supposed its the look of him that does not take your fancy   ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 21:01 »
I thought News at Ten was scrapped years ago!   :o

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 00:40 »
Felipe is the nicer guy Tony, hes worked hard to get where he is and his only mistakes this year have been caused by ferrari not him, otherwise hed have had the championship in the bag 3 races ago.
Lewis has messed up a few times, through his own mistakes and still has a lot to learn about being a top driver. I never did like Maclaren much, always the first to cry out if they get beaten and try ato blame everyone but themselves, so even though Lewis is a brit I would prefer Felipe and a ferrari to win  :)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 02:34 »
I do like Sharpe :) ; those skin-tight trousers are definitely worth watching, over and over again (which is why I've got the DVD collection).  Okay, so ITV has broadcast Sharpe , The Sweeney, and probably a few other gems, but the company doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to quality television.

As for F1, the best thing about it was The Chain - and ITV doesn't even use that!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 03:07 »
Its going back to the beeb next year Gill. I just hope they dont bring that idiot Murray Walker back with it  :o

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum