Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Survivors  (Read 1423 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Survivors
« on: November 24, 2008, 19:11 »
I enjoyed Survivors last night on BBC1, even if I did feel the original series was better.  Too much was spelled out for the audience in this re-make and it smacked of political correctness.

Most of the survivors seemed to behave rather aimlessly at first, except the little lad who wanted to see if his relatives had survived in Blackburn.  It makes you wonder what you would do if you ever found yourself in a similar situation.  I'd be inclined to look at an atlas to find where there was a nearby fresh water spring.  Old abbeys and castles usually had one but if all else failed, I'd load up a bicycle and pedal off to Malvern which is just a few miles away and where I know there's a spring.  The Beacon would be a natural gathering point too.

It would be interesting to hear how others think they would fare.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Survivors
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 21:24 »
I recorded it, and probably won't even get to start to watch it until the series has ended, so please don't give too much away, folks!  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 00:31 »
I enjoyed it too Gill, looked good recorded on my new HD sat box, as did the C4 HD program of how the earth and moon were formed and how life began called Catastrophe  :)
How can people believe in a god like being and that the earth was created in 7 days after watching something like that programme that showed the evidence of what really happened  ::)

Got me thinking about another similar series that started off with a lot of people in a train that had stopped inside a tunnel. It was later than when they showed the original survivors series.
They all somehow were in suspended animation for about 3 weeks so by the time they woke up most people were dead but whatever had killed them had become safe. Then they tried to get to a government research facility in Scotland. Anyone remember the name of it or anything about it ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 00:38 by Sandra »

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:16 »
Got me thinking about another similar series that started off with a lot of people in a train that had stopped inside a tunnel. It was later than when they showed the original survivors series.
They all somehow were in suspended animation for about 3 weeks so by the time they woke up most people were dead but whatever had killed them had become safe. Then they tried to get to a government research facility in Scotland. Anyone remember the name of it or anything about it ?

I think it was called the Last Train? Not sure - I have it at home somehwere, possibly... I did at some point anyway. Oh it was also much longer than 3 weeks on that show.

I enjoyed the first episode of survivor, but thought it was a bit slow.. and indeed smelt of political correctness.. oh well, its something to watch on the BBC for a change... apart from Top Gear and Match of the Day.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 09:29 »
I recorded it, and probably won't even get to start to watch it until the series has ended, so please don't give too much away, folks!  ;)

I've already ruined one TV series for Simon.  :blush:
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:41 »
Remember - the second episode is being shown tonight!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 13:00 »
Tuned into this on catch up, great series  :thumbs:  mind you, I've always been a sucker for the gorgeous Max Beesley   :leer:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 13:36 »
still thought, they are well going about things wrong... go get a f***ing transit van! (at least!)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum