Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Copenhagen climate change conference  (Read 1140 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Copenhagen climate change conference
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:09 »
Copenhagen climate change conference: Fourteen days to seal history’s judgment on this generation  - The Guardian’s Editorial

The following editorial was published today by 56 newspapers around the world in 20 languages including Chinese, Arabic and Russian. The text was drafted by a Guardian team during more than a month of consultations with editors from more than 20 of the papers involved. Like The Guardian most of the newspapers have taken the unusual step of featuring the editorial on their front page. The Guardian, the editorial is free to reproduce under Creative Commons.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2009/12/the-guardians-editorial/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Copenhagen climate change conference
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:58 »
Must we? ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 15:10 »
we must.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 15:13 »
I'm getting very fed up with the media, especially the BBC, insisting that climate change is attributable to human factors when there is so little evidence out there which has been published in ways that the public can access readily.  If the media can put up people like Brian Cox to explain particle physics to the public, why can't they do the same with global warming?  Instead, we are fed a constant diet of 'you must believe us or you're a cretin'.

>:(
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 15:45 »
well I appreciate there are going to be those for, and those against. But what you have to consider is this, can you take the bet it's nothing to do with mankind. Bit like, the engineer in charge of a dam, on seeing it washed away down stream. Then ponders to himself, you know what I should have run some of that water off. Ice caps like breached dams, once their gone....there gone.

Whilst we are on the subject of BBC news, or to be honest UK news media in general. Since getting Freesat, I find myself watching the EuroNews, and Aljazeera news channels for worldwide news. Feck me its like there are two different planets out there. Best bits I like about Aljazeera, are their in depth reports. HIV and Drugs in Kaliningrad in Russia, the poor b@stards, makes you weep it does. They did a piece on Jordan, in their series "The Arab Street" very eye opening, I didn't know they only get the water turned on once a week.....no prizes for guessing who controls the water in the region.

Last "The Arab Street" I watched was about Arabs living in New York. All the programs  follow the same format. Asking ordinary Arabs across a wide demographic spectrum the same set of questions, that are applicable to that country's situation.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 15:51 by Tony »
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 15:56 »
...They did a piece on Jordan...

I didn't know the daily star were on freesat?  :)x

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 16:06 »
:lol:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 23:41 »
I particularly like EuroNews - lots of news quickly none of this lets spend 20mintues discussing the most mundane piece of news since Harry fell of a scooter...
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum