Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: First cancer genome sequences reveal how mutations lead to disease  (Read 852 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Click here for story.

Wow!  These cancer research scientists have done some impressive research.  "We can say that one mutation is fixed in the genome for every 15 cigarettes smoked..."

Thank goodness they haven't published the mutation for every unit of alcohol consumed!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Give them time, Gill.  ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
I saw this story on the news this evening but your article was much more informative Gill.  I can't see any UK government forking out that sort of money for the likes of NHS patients.  If we don't die of cancer what else will come along to take its place?  They can't allow us to live forever! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
They'll just line us up and shoot us, Clive.  The Post Office queue on pension day would be a good place to start.   :devil:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Oh yes, I agree with that Simon.  <Thank God I have mine sent straight into my bank account!>

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum