Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Eyjafjallajokull!  (Read 1330 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Eyjafjallajokull!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 13:52 »
Maybe its an age thing that older people with more experience of real life tend to take the time to read, listen, watch and digest the available information rather than just blindly believing what the three main parties say, as we have heard them all promising the same things many times before.
Now that the BNP have been proved in the courts not to be a racist organisation, the EHRC really shot themselves in the foot with that one, I cant see why some people think that they are even worse than the real nasty party aka the tories.

I take huge exception to that. Its that you are young and don't know anything mentallity that is the problem. Gosh, most youngsters coming out of school know a lot more about the world than you did at the equivalent time and I bet you would argue that you were find to vote.

If we are talking about me personally then I like to think I have quite a bit of real life experience, I grew up on a bit of a sketchy council estate, moved to the more middle class areas of Brum (i.e. around the University), lived in India for 3 months, backpacked on the train across Europe and now I've lived in Canada for 9 months. In my life I've not just been a student holding down part time jobs as a cleaner, as a youth centre assistant manager and at Ladbrokes. So don't say I haven't listened to the world, I've got a fairly good view of a large range of people.

Oh and the BNP have not proved f*** all.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 13:53 »
Anyway, what's this got to do with the bloody volcano?  ;D

indeed, can you pronounce it yet?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 14:01 »
Anyway, what's this got to do with the bloody volcano?  ;D

Its much like a politician

A lot of smoke to hide behind
A loud noise to draw your attention
can be dangerous to a population at times

And most of all can bring a lot of heat down on a country for no reason at all
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum