Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mother in law  (Read 1095 times)

Offline PhilTheFish

Mother in law
« on: October 07, 2011, 21:39 »
Can someone please explain to me how to stop my Mother-in-law using me as a technical support helpline?

You're all probably thinking why don't I just go around to the house and sort her computer out...

I can't! She lives in Cyprus and demands constant step by step PC tuition over the phone.

Her latest two issues have been about Cyta (ISP) modems being restricted and Media player 11 not having a 'rip' option.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Phil
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 21:45 by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Mother in law
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 21:45 »
Ah, now, come on, Phil.  Strictly speaking, that's spamming, which we don't allow, so I've removed the link.  If you have a genuine tech question, please feel free to post, otherwise, the community vote needs to stay in the one thread.  ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 23:18 »
Though I agree with Simon. If this is really a true problem then you should get her to install a vnc program and then you can control it from a far. Simplest way to lose control.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 23:50 »
You're all probably thinking why don't I just go around to the house and sort her computer out...

I can't! She lives in Cyprus...

Yebbut Phil... you're a fish!  Just swim over there and sort it out for her.  If a fish can post on this forum, then sorting out a computer in another country shouldn't be too difficult.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 15:52 »
Guess he doesn't know we have trained piranha that go after fishing spammers here lol
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 17:18 »
 :laugh:
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum