Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Floppy Disk Player  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Floppy Disk Player
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2003, 18:33 »
It's not boring at all Joudi - we love an ongoing topic!   ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2003, 18:54 »
Joudi, our philosophy is that if a member of our forum has a problem then we all want to help   solve it.  That is the main reason we set pc-pals up.  We don't get bored and we don't give in easily.  I know that I speak for everyone when I say that we love having you here.

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2003, 19:00 »
Thanks a lot Sandra and Simon for your patience and your nice feeling.

{   "Answering Lobo: Yes, it does boot from floppy...but the problem also happens there sometimes. So I have to make many tries (sometimes) to make it work."   }

Very sorry, I gave that answer before because my problem was repeated many times and in many cases. So it put in my memory that feeling which - I can't now confirm 100%. It might be wright. But I'm not sure. I don't like to make any confusion. Of course I'm talking here about "Booting from floppy".

So, I wanted to retry it a little before by using the two floppys of "Partition Magic 7.0". It did boot very nicely. I repeated that many times...There is no problem at all.

Something else:
       It happened to me many times (I don't remember, since fixing two HD's Or two separated Windows XP) that, sometimes, while putting my PC under electric tension, it does stop completly on the oppening page on the step:

" Detecting  IDE  Drives... "

That happens if there is a floppy or not, if there is a CD or not.

So, I have to cut the electric tension and start the computer again to make it work.

Does that have any relation to the problem?

Thanks a lot.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline joudi

• Established Member
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2003, 19:03 »
A very BIG THANK to clive too, and all others who feel in that way.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline lobo

• http://www.burnleywood.com
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2003, 19:46 »
Hi Joudi
If you thought we did not care about you and your problem that is incorrect, some of our conversations with other members are some times a bit of fun but we all try to help if we can,

Is is possable that the problem is in the BIOS and how it "see's" your drives, try altering the possitition of you drives i.e. put one hard drive as a master on IDE 0 and the second drive as a slave on IDE 0, or both as masters on IDE 0 and IDE 1 (with your CD-ROM drives as slaves)

Rember the answer from me will never be "Je m'en fous!"

Brian ;D
url=http://pc-pals.com/userpics/loboPC.swf]Flash[/url]

All the survivors of the war had reached their homes and so put the perils of battle and the sea behind them.
Homer   , The Odyssey, line 1

Adept

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2003, 19:48 »

Joudi, our philosophy is that if a member of our forum has a problem then we all want to help   solve it.  That is the main reason we set pc-pals up.  We don't get bored and we don't give in easily.  I know that I speak for everyone when I say that we love having you here.

Hear hear Clive!  :)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2003, 20:01 »
Its looking more like a BIOS or motherboard fault isnt it.
Would there be any point in clearing the CMOS and starting afresh with loading bios defaults to see if that helped guys?

Adept

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2003, 20:04 »
Reading back through the thread, I'm convinced that Lobo is right, there is a fault on the motherboard.

Clearing the BIOS isn't going to help :(

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum