Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Slow fps :[  (Read 1018 times)

Offline David^

Slow fps :[
« on: September 20, 2003, 14:27 »
Hi guys,

Its been a log time since ive posted here and i hope were all doing well.

OK i have a problem with a game im trying to run. I dont know if any of you know about it but its a program called "Steam" and you use this program to download games with. Now, one of the games is called Counter-strike which is quiet popular.

The problem is that suddenly my fps drops to 50 when im in a certain part of the map. Now my PC is a Athlon xp2200+, MSI KT7, 512mb ddr 2100 ram, GeForce Ti4200 128mb.

I have no idea why the fps should drop. My friend has a 1800+, 256ram, geforce 2 32mb. and runs perfectly 100fps.

I have all the latest drivers for my motherboard, graphics card.

please please please help me

Dave :(
ouch me, I rock

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Slow fps :[
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 14:46 »
Hi Dave, does it increase again if you move to a different part of the map/game or does it stay at that frame rate until you restart the game or PC ?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 15:06 »
Are you and youre friend using the same screen resolutions ?
I have just read that dropping the res to 800 x600 may improve the frame rate without detracting from viewing the game.
If it only happens with Counterstrike and no other game try uninstalling and reinstalling it again in case its got a corrupt file :doggie:

Offline David^

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 20:00 »
Ok i have uninstalled and reinstalled counter-strike, and am using 800-600 but it continues to do the same. With 800x600 it has identical framerates to 1024 and 1240. This is slightly wierd. My friend runs his at 1240 so that has completly confused me.

Perhaps a memory problem?

Dave
ouch me, I rock

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 22:05 »
Hi Dave, does it increase again if you move to a different part of the map/game or does it stay at that frame rate until you restart the game or PC ?

Is it the same copy as your friend uses too Dave ?
Maybe theres a problem with your version of it if its a different one.
I assume that it only happens, as far as you know, with Counterstrike as you tried my suggestion about uninstalling and reinstalling it but can you confirm it and answer my previous question too please :doggie:

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 09:27 »
It may be that steam is downloading or does something sometimes, either that or some magical thing to do with elves and wizards is causing it. Have you tried www.steampowered.com forums?
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum