Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Default homepage Internet Explorer  (Read 845 times)

Offline jg

Default homepage Internet Explorer
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:14 »
Hi,

Lately my default homepage of Internet Explorer is constantly being set to something that I don't know and don't want (I want it to be blanc).

Obviously this is EXTREMELY annoying! >:( >:(

It seems to be coming from different companies every time. However, since it happens all the time, I am starting to suspect that a virus has installed itself on my PC?

Every time it happens I have to search on the web to find suggestions on how to get rid of it. Also, I work with regedit to clean things up (actually I don't really know what I am doing with regedit so that is bound to go wrong sooner or later).

Does everyone have this problem? Is there something that can be done against this?

I don't understand the logic of these companies. Do they expect us to buy products from companies that annoy us? (the same goes for pop-ups). They should introduce legislation against these things, even jail sentences. >:(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

JG

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Default homepage Internet Explorer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 01:21 »
I use Zero Popup 7.05
From here :
http://www.tooto.com/popup-killer/

Thats a trial version for 14 days that you can download so you can see if its worthwhile, that stops most of my popups and also has a save my homepage  setting which stops it being hijacked  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Default homepage Internet Explorer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:20 »
You would be advised to run Ad Aware and / or Spybot to remove any existing spyware, then install Spyware Blaster to prevent any more.  Spybot and Spyware Blaster both contain IE Home Page guards, and are free.  You can get them from the links below.  You may have to run the above programs in Safe Mode, with System Restore temporarily disabled, if you have spyware embedded deep in your system.

:)

Ad Aware
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum