Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: spyware ??  (Read 655 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
spyware ??
« on: May 19, 2004, 21:09 »
i've noticed a loud click from the pc speaker when i click my mouse button. could this be some sort of spyware or is it a windows feature  :o  i've noticed it on various pc's, always starts after going on the internet but its just annoying me now.  also do i need to run spybot in safe mode to effectively rid the system of any nastys.   :P

thankee

EDIT  think it was some of the tons of software i've been installing that has assigned a click sound to mouse clicks....but i'll wait and see  8)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:spyware ??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 21:37 »
I guess you've installed some Norton stuff, Dave?  If you go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Change the Sound Scheme, then scroll down the list of designated sounds, you might find Symantec Integrator Mouse Click / Mouse Leave / Mouse Over.  You can disable them if you want to.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Re:spyware ??
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 10:36 »
Spot on Simon  ;), i changed the sound scheme for mouse click to "none" in the symantec sound files last night.  i don't know why it only seemed to start after i logged on though unless its the auto update facility that kicks it off.

:)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum